And Happy Cinco de Mayo!! Currently, this is my view:
I’m on a little last hurrah beach trip with my parents because, sob, my sabbatical ends Monday. Husband is at home holding down the fort and feeding the dog, bless him. I’m sure he’s ready for my faux summer to end.
Probably all of you are thinking, “hmm, sabbatical is almost over and we’ve gotten about 6 (maybe) blog posts out of it.” To which I see your point since originally that was the purpose of my time off.
I’ll share with you the following things I have also spent my time doing:
- Organizing all new gift items and finding room for them in our home (which also meant going through every cabinet and drawer to get rid of the old stuff)
- Writing ALL thank you notes. That’s right, I’m up to date now
- Re-doing our bedroom (new bedding, art, etc) pics to follow
- Painting my kitchen chairs AND recovering the seats myself. If you have never used a staple gun you just haven’t lived.
- Painting my drawers in our bedroom–this was a daunting task. Mostly because I used a “one coat paint” which ended up needing 4.
- Changed my name….on EVERYTHING. I know I’m not the first to do this but good NIGHT you put your name on a lot of things.
So, as you can see I haven’t been slacking, but rather nesting and getting our new life in one home set up. Hopefully no one (read: my employer) can fault me for a slight change of focus during my time off. I’ve been pretty productive, just not online.
I have really enjoyed getting back into the blog and will definitely try to keep my focus and continue posting. (Applause heard round the world.) And I do still hope to possibly write more in the future…and a book is still not out of the question. I’m sure all of you agree and you just can’t get enough of this blog and much like “Entourage” are hoping for a full-length version in the near future.
On that note, back to the beach and my third cup of coffee at 10am where the hardest decision is what to eat for lunch. I’ll leave with you a pic of the newly painted furniture. Unfortunately I didn’t have the forethought to take a picture before I painted it. Clearly my brain is still on sabbatical…and hopefully it gets the memo on Monday.